Tonights dinner was not as aesthetically pleasing as yesterdays dinner, but it was very tasty. Coconut Beef Meatball Curry with egg fried rice, broccoli, and little sweetcorns.
The recipe is from http://www.slimmingeats.com
Coconut Beef Meatball Curry
Serves 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 200g Courgette, grated
- 1 Egg
- Handful of Coriander, chopped.
For the curry sauce:
- 200g Sweet Potato mash, (or you could use pumpkin)
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 Tbs Medium Curry Powder
- 2 Tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 cup frozen chopped Green Beans (I used Edamame Beans instead as I didn’t have any)
- 1 cup (240ml) Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Red Chilli flakes (optional.)
- Add all the meatball ingredients to a large bowl, mix together and form into roughly 20 balls.
- Add the sweet potato mash, curry powder, beef stock, red chilli flakes and tomato puree to a deep frying pan. Put on medium heat, stir until well combined and it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Add the meatballs (no need to brown first), cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and green beans, continue to simmer without a lid for 5 minutes. (I actually let mine simmer for another 15 minutes) Add more stock if you would like a runnier sauce.
- Check meatballs are cooked through, serve and enjoy!
This is calculated using Edamame Beans not green beans. Ingredients differ greatly so the nutrition is a rough guide…
The rice was left over from yesterdays dinner, so I melted some coconut oil in a pan, lightly whisked three eggs and put them in, then added the rice and cooked until hot.