I love the colour in tonight’s dinner prep! This is a family favourite meal and one I often get asked to make! The salad leaves are homegrown too! 😊
The recipe is from https://www.cookingclassy.com
Thai Chicken Tacos with Peanut Sauce
Serves 4 I normally marinate the chicken over night.
- 680g Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Light Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup Corriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup Spring Onions, chopped
- 1/3 Peanut Butter (I use RealFoodSource Certified Organic Peanut Butter)
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Hot Water
Warmed corn or flour tortillas, lettuce or salad leaves, shredded purple cabbage, grated carrots, sliced bell pepper, chopped spring onions, grated beetroot, cheddar cheese.
- Put the chicken into a large plastic food bag and pound until it is all roughly 1/2″ thick. (This helps it to cook more evenly)
- Personally I place all the marinade ingredients into a small blender and blitz. You can chop them all individually and mix them together in a bowl.
- Pour over the chicken in the bag, seal the bag and rub the mixture into the chicken. Put in the fridge and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours, or I leave mine overnight.
- To make the peanut sauce whisk together all the peanut sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Once marinated, remove the chicken from the bag, I usually put a little of the marinade on, but throw most of it away. Grill the chicken until cooked through, or registers 165 in the center. (I usually grill mine for around 20 minutes total.)
- Transfer to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes then cut into strips.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pip was being all sad in the kitchen, sitting in her funny little way, as she was not allowed any cheese. 🤣❤