Tonight’s dinner was a recipe by https://www.cookingclassy.com
Chicken, Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Serves: 4
- 560g Sweet Potato, peeled and diced into 3/4″ cubes. (Around 2 medium potatoes)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500g Chicken Breasts, diced into 1 1/4″ pieces
- 250g Broccoli
- Small red onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced (try a grating plate!)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried: Thyme, Sage & Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 65g Pecans
- 40g Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200°c/ 400°f
- Place the sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18″ x 13″ baking tray.
- Pour over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. (chop the rest of the ingredients)
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Add the chicken and red onion around the potatoes (you can add the broccoli here too, but my daughter does not like it baked so I steamed mine separately and added it at the end.)
- Sprinkle with garlic, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and toss with a spatula to evenly coat everything.
- Sprinkle with the dried herbs and season with salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Put in the oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes. You can toss again halfway through the cooking time, I just left mine.
- Once out of the oven scatter with the pecans and cranberries and serve.
As always, ingredients differ, this is a rough nutritional guide only….