Day 3 of The Metabolic Muscle Builder. I did complete day 2 but I ate out and my Macros did not look that good!
Workouts completed today:
- The Simplistic Mobility Method
- The Not So Easy Recovery Routine
- The Balance Booty Burner
Today’s meals and snacks consisted of:
- Brunch: Mexican Quinoa Casserole, 2 hard-boiled eggs & 45g Eatlean Protein Cheese.
- Dinner: Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with Quinoa cooked in chicken stock & 1/2 cup Edamame Beans
- Snacks: 55g Eatlean Protein Cheese, Overnight Protein Oats & 100g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt with 1 teaspoon of honey.
The salmon recipe was from https://littlespicejar.com
YIELD: SERVES 4-5
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon in Foil
Prep time: 5 MINUTES Cook time: 20 MINUTES
- 454g Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons EACH: Lemon juice AND cold Butter, cubed
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: Italian seasoning, Red pepper flakes AND black pepper
- PREP: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF / 180°c.
- SAUCE: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice and minced garlic, allow the lemon juice to reduce to 1 tablespoon. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter, remove pan from heat and swirl so the butter starts to melt. Place back on the heat for a few seconds, remove and continue to swirl until butter completely melts. Repeat with second tablespoon of butter. When butter is completely melted, add the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Then, remove sauce from stove.
- BAKE: Place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Using a brush or spoon, brush the salmon with the garlic butter sauce. Cover with foil so that all sides are properly closed so the sauce does not leak. Bake the salmon for 12-14 minutes or until mostly firm to the touch. Open the foil and allow the fish to broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the fish does not burn. Remove from oven. Serve immediately.
All ingredients vary, this is a rough nutritional guide for the salmon and sauce only…