The last salad I made for our BBQ was this Harvest Cobb Salad with poppy seed dressing by https://damndelicious.net
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 Slices Bacon, diced
- 2 Large Eggs
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 Pear, diced
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
FOR THE POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- To make the poppy seed dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of bacon, eggs, apple, pear, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately with poppy seed dressing.
All ingredients vary, this is a rough nutritional guide only…