Tonight’s dinner was a recipe from https://www.skinnytaste.com
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Bruschetta
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10-25 Minutes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Cooking spray
- For the avocado bruschetta: makes 2 1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Medium Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 Small Avocado, diced
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and pepper. Put to one side for 5 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and put in a large bowl, add the garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo, and an additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Oil the grates generously to prevent the fish from sticking. Or Preheat an oven to 180°c.
- Season salmon with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Place skin-side-down on the grill. Close the lid and cook without turning for 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness), or until the salmon is just cooked through. The skin will char but will prevent the fish from drying out. Or wrap the salmon fillets in a foil parcel on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and cover with foil; rest for 2 to 3 minutes while adding the avocado to the bruschetta.
- Serve topped each with generous 1/2 cup avocado bruschetta.
All ingredients vary, this is a rough nutritional guide only…