So, today was the hottest day of the year and what do we eat? Chilli Con Carne, rice, homemade guacamole and garlic bread! 🤣
My body does not have any of this “It’s too hot, I can not eat.” Nope, it knows when it is time to eat and it expects its fuel!
This recipe is from https://www.foodforfitness.co.uk if you haven’t already I highly recommend you check out his recipes, he has some free ones. They are easy to follow and taste delicious.
One thing I do like to do with any curry or chilli, I like to make mine at least 1 day before as I feel they always taste better when left at least 1 night and reheated. That is just my personal preference.
Healthy Chilli Con Carne
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 kg ultra-lean beef mince
- 4 g oregano
- 5 g smoked paprika
- 10 g chilli powder
- 5 g cumin
- 10 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 500 ml beef stock
- 250 g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 10 g tomato puree
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, garlic and pepper and cook until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Throw the mince into the pan and break it up and cook until it’s been browned, this will take at least 5 – 10 minutes
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and a little sour cream if you find it’s a tad too spicy for you.
As normal, all ingredients vary, this is a rough nutritional guide only…